Do Cloud right
By David O'Brien on September 19, 2018
If you are contemplating a move to the public cloud then it does not matter which industry you are in, Retail, Travel, Banking, FinTech, Health or even Government.
These all have one thing in common; you need a good strategy.
Actually, they have one more thing in common, cloud is for you! If you do it right.
Accelerate State of DevOps Report 2018
Yes, DevOps. Ignoring this now very over-used term for a second, the “DevOps Research and Assessment” team has, in collaboration with huge industry names, released the “Accelerate State of DevOps Report 2018”.
Research sponsors were companies like Amazon Web Services, CA Technologies, CloudBees, Datical, Deloitte, Electric Cloud, GitLab, IT Revolution, Microsoft, PagerDuty, Pivotal, Redgate, Sumo Logic, Tricentis, and XebiaLabs.
Some key findings out of the report:
- How “cloud” is implemented is important.
- There is a big difference between “using the cloud” and “being in the cloud”.
- A company’s industry does not matter.
- Correctly implemented, cloud fits every industry vertical, regulated and non-regulated ones.
- Outsourcing of key functionalities hinders performance.
- Even if it looks like it is saving money, in the long run, outsourcing hurts your business on multiple layers.
The full report can be found here: https://devops-research.com/research.html
Correct Cloud Implementation
Getting it right from the start is difficult and you need a good partner that understands your needs.
If you are about to embark on your Microsoft Azure cloud journey, or you want to get more out of your cloud investments, contact us